Last Revised: 30 July 2018
This Privacy Statement addresses how your personal data is collected, used and disclosed by Azanis Marketing in accordance with PDPA. Your personal data refer to any information you provide voluntarily but is not limited to, any personal information about you concerning your name, gender, address, NRIC number, telephone number and e-mail address and includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you.
This means that in the course of our business dealings with our business partners, we may directly, or indirectly through third-parties, obtain and where relevant disclose, such personal information including contact details, background information and any other information pertinent to the transaction in order to enable us to carry out our obligations.
Please note that the Privacy Statement is streamlined to common principles of data privacy in most jurisdictions although there may be some slight variations due to local requirements.
1. Collection of Personal Data
Your Personal Data is collected by Azanis Marketing via various channels. The usual (but non-exclusive) channels by which Azanis Marketing does so are when:
- you access our website and register with Azanis Marketing;
- you perform an online transaction such as place an order to purchase our product(s);
- you interact with our customer service officers via email, WhatsApp or phone;
- you interact with any of our agents/representatives;
- you respond to our request for additional personal data;
- you are contacted by, and respond to our survey;
- you contacted us in person; and/or
- you participate in any of our contests or promotions.
2. Use of Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data within Azanis Marketing teams/departments for the Purposes set forth hereinabove in accordance with the terms and conditions set out herein.
- processing your order;
- processing of any commercial transaction including credit or debit card;
- processing payment instructions;
- responding to your queries;
- informing you about our products and services;
- informing you about our campaigns and promotions relating to our products or other services;
- statistics and research;
- performing policy review and needs analysis;
- any other purpose that may be deemed necessary or expedient by Azanis Marketing in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the purpose of complying with the requirement(s) of any governmental or regulatory authority, or court of law, of competent jurisdiction.
3. Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
We will not intentionally disclose your Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties without obtaining your prior consent except in the following circumstances:
- disclosure of Personal Data for the purposes stated in paragraph 2 above;
- disclosure of Personal Data to external service providers who provide support or professional services to Azanis Marketing including, but not limited to, website or email hosting services, information technology services, data security consultancy services, marketing and promotional services, data analysis, legal services, accounting services, tax related services, administrative services and data back-up services;
- disclosure of Personal Data in connection with corporate restructuring or re-organisation including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, consolidation, amalgamation, joint ventures, formation of partnerships, voluntary liquidation and takeovers; and/or
- where disclosure of Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties is necessary to protect the interests, rights, property or privacy of Azanis Marketing and/or its officers, employees, agents or affiliates.
For the avoidance of doubt, Azanis Marketing may disclose your Personal Data to any of our officers, employees, agents or affiliates on a need-to-know basis, or for any other purpose under relevance law, without obtaining your prior consent, when;
- The disclosure is necessary to prevent or detect a crime, or for the purpose of investigations.
- The disclosure is required or authorized by or under any law or by the order of a court.
- The disclosure was justified as being in the public interests in circumstances as determined by the Minister.
4. Storage and Retention of Personal Data
Your Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in our offices or in servers located in Malaysia. It may be necessary to transfer your Personal Information to third party services providers based/located outside Malaysia. By continuing usage of the Website, products and/or services of Azanis Marketing, you hereby consent to such transfer.
Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by us as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the Purposes stated in paragraph (2) above or is required to satisfy legal regulatory, accounting requirements or to protect our interests.
Please be informed that we do not offer any online facilities for you to delete your Personal Data held by us.
5. Cookies and IP address
6. Accessing/Limiting/Correcting/Updating your Personal Data
You may request to obtain information of your Personal Data, limit the processing of your Personal Data and update or make amendments to your Personal Data as below:
(a) for online registered customers, you may login to your online account and update your Personal Data; or
(b) for every other customer, you may forward your request to the contact person or to our office.
Please note that depending on the information requested, a nominal fee may be charged. We will endeavour to provide the information back to you as soon as practicable.
We also reserve the right to validate all requests for the authenticity of the request. We may refuse to comply with data access request in circumstances as provided by the law (under section 32 of the PDPA). If we are not able to comply with your request, we will notify you of the reasons.
7. Links to third party website
We may link this website and/or our applications to other companies or organizations websites (collectively, "Third Party Sites"). This Privacy Notice does not apply to such Third Party Sites as those sites are outside our control. If you access Third Party Sites using the links provided, the operators of these sites may collect your personal information. Please ensure that you are satisfied with the privacy statements of these Third Party Sites before you submit any personal information. We try, as far as we can, to ensure that all third party linked sites have equivalent measures for protection of your personal information, but we cannot be held responsible legally or otherwise for the activities, privacy policies or levels of privacy compliance of these Third Party Sites.
Designation : Customer Service
Phone no. : +60327262619
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org